Monday, April 17, 2017

18 April 2017
INSIDE

THE TEMPLE OF TRUTH!

I dug for long deep INSIDE
And levelled myself to build a HOME
For FOUNDATION I then laid my SOUL
I CEILED it with my VALUES
And CHAMBERED it with VIRTUES
My PRINCIPLES…the OAKEN DOORS
With HONESTY…I then marbled the FLOORS.
My CONSCIENCE in place of BRICKS stood erect
The WALLS were now in place correct.
Each PILLAR I then carved with TRUTH…
To building my HOME…I gave my YOUTH.
With every corner now well made,
To rest awhile, down I laid…
IN MY TEMPLE OF TRUTH!

How long I stayed therein, I knew naught
The outside world was well forgot
Until the night the hawk came by
And Vultures screeching filled the night sky
Wailing that the Werewolf was nigh!
I heard a gush…waters rush…
With moans of million wanton beings
Washed away by desire into hell’s burning fire…
And then the earth began to crack…
As tremors rocked its whole…
And mighty structures crashed to earth…
With debris engulfing life and mirth
Mud to mud and dirt to dirt!

Yet nothing shook my fortitude
I felt no fear INSIDE.
Amidst the gory sea of death
My fortress weathered the ruinous storm.
It shook me not the Harbinger’s horn…
As nature took its toll
Not setting aside one from all.
I was free from shame…I was free from pride…
With Faith for Torch and the Lord for Guide
I was free from sin…Safe within…
MY TEMPLE OF TRUTH!

Gittanjali Elizabeth Mordecai



All knowledge and enlightenment comes from three sources; through that which is taught to the Student by his Guru, self learnt by the seeker through the innumerable teachings of the sages and Masters, or, through that which is realized and known at ones own experiential levels. That which comes through learning and teachings of others remains at the intellectual levels only and rarely can it enhance ones spiritual growth and ones onwards journey in the quest of self-realization and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment